The name Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid might send you running in the other direction, but this supplement, better known as Tudca is might actually be one of the best things that you add to your diet this year.
What is Tauroursodeoxycholic Acid and how can it help your workout? If you’ve never heard of these supplements, read on – we’ve answered some of the most common questions all in one spot for you.
We’ve done the work for you – we’ve reviewed the best tudca supplements on the market and narrowed it down to 5.
Which one wins the title of Best Tudca Supplement?
Read on and find out.
Top 5 Best Tudca Supplements
- Nutricost Tudca (best of the best)
- Double Wood Tudca
- TUDCA Raw Powder
- Premium Powders Premium TUDCA
- AR1MACARE PRO Complete
What are the benefits of taking Tudca?
Tudca is a water-soluble bile salt that’s been used for more than 3,000 years by traditional Chinese medical practitioners as a supplement to improve eye health.
Until a chemical alternative was found, this supplement was actually derived from bear bile.
Read Also: What are the best CLA supplements?
Other than its historical use as a tool for eye health, tudca has also been shown to be a fantastic supplement for liver health and heart health.
As an addition to your workout regimen.
Tudca also works as a promote fat burning by increasing the conversion of thyroid hormones that improve the body’s metabolism.
Most of the studies on this supplement have been done in regards to a specific organ or organ system.
In general, though, this supplement has been proven to reduce cell death (apoptosis) in a number of different organ systems.
Read Also: What Athletes should know about when switching to a plant based diet
What should you consider when purchasing a tudca supplement?
As with any supplement, it is important to consider a few things before you make your purchase, including:
- Dosage – What is the amount of tudca being delivered per pill or per dose? The effective dose of this supplement will depend on what you’re expecting to get from this supplement. We’ll discuss this more in depth in just a moment.
- Interactions – Are you taking any other medications that could potentially interact with this supplement?
- Source – Is your supplement produced in the United States or overseas? Overseas or off-label supplements may include dangerous ingredients that are not listed on the label.
- Formula – Look for a tudca supplement that is transparent about its ingredients on the label. Avoid proprietary blends wherever possible – they don’t list the exact amount of each ingredient so it’s difficult to know what you’re taking.
If you’re worried about medication interaction, it’s important to discuss taking tudca with your doctor before you add the supplement to your daily regimen.
What is the recommended dosage for tudca supplements?
The best dosage of tudca will depend on the results that you’re hoping to get from the supplement.
For liver health, you can take as little as 500mg a day.
Read Also: What are the best prohormones supplements?
For brain health, current estimated dosages are 4,000mg a day, and if you’re taking tudca for insulin sensitivity, your suggested dose is 1,750 mg a day.
In general, though, you want to aim for approximately 15-20 mg per kilogram of body weight for the ideal results.
Are there any side effects from taking tudca supplements?
Unlike other supplements in the same class, tudca doesn’t have any known or reported side effects.
That said, though, if you experience any negative side effects after adding a new supplement to your diet, it’s important to discontinue use of the supplement and speak with your physician.
When is the best time to take your tudca?
There is no ideal time to take a tudca supplement, because it will vary depending on your needs.
In general, it is recommended to take it at a different time than your other supplements: for example, if you take supplements before your workout, take your tudca with breakfast or later in the evening.
If you take multiple doses throughout the day, the same rule applies – just make sure you’re not taking your tudca at the same time as any of your other supplements.
We know what you’ve been waiting for – our product reviews.
We found the best tudca supplements on the market and gathered them all in one place.
Who wins the crown for Best Tudca Supplement? Read on and find out!
Sometimes a simple supplement is all you need and that’s what you get with Nutricost’s Tudca supplement – there’s nothing extra here to worry about.
Each capsule contains 250 mg of Tudca, making it ideal for anyone who wants to add this bile salt to their diet without worrying about the effects of any additional ingredients.
This is a supplement designed for liver health but it has also been shown to have benefits for eye health, cardiovascular health, and brain protection.
These supplements are made in the United States as well, so you never have to worry about off label products coming from overseas.
- Fast Dissolving Capsules – These capsules are designed to dissolve quickly, making it the ideal choice for anyone who wants fast acting results.
- No Extra Ingredients – This supplement is made of nothing but 250 mg of tudca.
- Made in the USA – No off label or overseas products here, this supplement is 100% made in the United States.
- Not Vegan Friendly – This is not a synthetic version of tudca, meaning it’s made from animal products. The capsule is also made of gelatin, also made from animal products.
Double Wood Tudca
This product from the Double Wood brand provides a straight forward container of Tudca perfect for supplementation without any of the bloat or filler you might find with other brands.
This is just a cut and dry formulation perfect to help with liver and gut health. Worth it for you to check out.
- No filler ingredients
- Helps with stomach issues
- Single purpose supplement
Tudca Raw Powder
If taking pills isn’t your bag of chips, this may be the best way to get some tudca into your diet.
Tudca Raw Powder, as its name suggests, is a powdered form of the supplement that can be mixed with your favorite beverage or food.
The powder itself is flavorless, so it can be mixed with just about anything.
The jar itself contains 200 doses of the supplement, designed to be taken 250mg at a time.
The problem with powders is that it’s difficult to accurately measure the .25 grams needed to get the suggested 250mg dose, so you may find that your dosage varies slightly from day to day.
The manufacturer suggests purchasing a milligram scale to get the most accurate measurements possible.
- No Additives – This supplement contains nothing more than tudca, making it ideal for anyone trying to avoid additives or artificial ingredients.
- Flavorless and Mixes Well – This flavorless powder can easily be mixed into your favorite hot or cold drink without affecting the flavor.
- Difficult Dosing – Without a scale, it’s difficult to ensure that you’re getting the recommended 250 mg with every dose.
Premium Powders Premium Tudca
A basic capsule is sometimes all you need and that’s precisely what you get with Premium Powders.
In spite of it’s name, this tudca supplement comes in the form of a capsule. This supplement contains 250mg of tudca sodium as it’s active ingredient.
It does appear to contain at least one artificial color, according to the ingredients list which is less than ideal for anyone trying to avoid artificial ingredients.
The capsules themselves are made from gelatin, making them undesirable for individuals following a vegan diet.
- Simple Formula – When it comes to active ingredients, this supplement doesn’t need much beyond the tudca.
- Easy Dosing – Each pill contains 250mg of tudca sodium, so there is no need to guess when it comes to dosing.
- Artificial Ingredients – This supplement contains Blue #1, an artificial colorant.
- Not Vegan Friendly – The capsule itself is made from gelatin derived from animal products.
Ar1macare Pro Complete
Like the OxyFuego, this supplement is not a single ingredient product.
While it contains tudca, that isn’t the only ingredient it includes.
Ar1macare Pro Complete is designed, as it’s name suggests, to be a complete supplement.
It’s ingredient list has a lot of proprietary names, but it’s not a proprietary blend – each ingredient and its dose is spelled out clearly on the label.
Where tudca is concerned, this supplement contains 200 mg of the product in each dose, along with two other components designed for liver health and fortification.
While this might not be the best choice if you’re already taking other supplements, this is a great place to start if you only want to take one pill a day.
- Tudca Plus – This is a full body supplement filled with components to support all the body’s systems.
- No Artificial Ingredients – In spite of the sheer number of ingredients, this supplement is all natural.
- Not Stackable – This supplement has too many ingredients to make it easily stackable with other supplements.
Final Thoughts On Tudca Supplments
After all the trial and error, who comes out on top with the title of Best Tudca Supplement?
The best tudca supplement we’ve found is the first one on the list, the Nutricost Tudca capsules easily take the cake.
This is a simple, straightforward tudca supplement which doesn’t have a ton of extra ingredients which makes it ideal if you’re already taking supplements and just want to add tudca to your diet for the health benefits that it offers.
This supplement may not be ideal for vegans due to the animal based gelatin used in the capsules, but if you aren’t worried about animal products than this is definitely the best tudca supplement for you.
You get all of the good stuff with none of the frills, and that’s why – without a doubt – Nutricost Tudca supplements are the Top Tudca Supplement on the market today and that’s why it’s our clear winner.