When it comes to testosterone supplements, not many are as famous as Blue Star Status.
From their instantly recognizable blue bottles to their prime locations in GNC and the Vitamin Shoppe, Blue Star Nutraceuticals is well-known and well-respected.
But is this praise and recognition warranted? As in, do their products – especially Blue Star Status, their main testosterone booster – work?
That’s what we’ll attempt to answer in this article, which covers what Blue Star Status is and what it’s used for, the ingredients in the supplement, benefits, dosage, side effects, and our conclusion on its effectiveness.
And with that, let’s dive into some Blue Star Status!
What is Blue Star Status?
Blue Star Status is the mainstay of the line of Blue Star supplement products.
It is a testosterone enhancer, increasing your body’s natural testosterone by bolstering the key processes that occur in your body to produce testosterone.
This particular supplement comes in a blue bottle; 90 pills for 30 days of supplementation. Blue Star Status claims to give you a ton of benefits, which will be listed in a later section.
What is Blue Star Status Used For?
The product’s site claims to improve any and all symptoms of low testosterone.
They do that by combining certain ingredients that either increase your body’s ability to create testosterone naturally or inhibit receptors that take your free testosterone and turn it into estrogen, something you want to avoid as a male (and even as a female).
Blue Star Status is also used for secondary things, such as micronutrient support, tapping into more of your free testosterone, and prolonged testosterone boosting effects.
It’s utilized by bodybuilders, weightlifters, and any other freak in the gym who wants to optimize testosterone and their physique results.
The question still stands, though: Does it work, or is it simply a gimmick?
Blue Star Status Ingredients
We’ve gotta hand it to Blue Star: They pack their supplements with a punch!
Blue Star Status is absolutely loaded with ingredients, but are they all worth your while? Let’s cover each ingredient briefly and see what scientific benefits it gives the user:
- Magnesium (450mg): An incredibly valuable micronutrient, this mineral has multiple well-known uses, including helping you workout more efficiently as well as reduced insulin/stress.
- Zinc (30mg): Another potent mineral, many men are deficient in zinc. It helps with immune function, fights cancer, and – most importantly here – balances hormones.
- Vitamin B6 (10.5mg): Every B vitamin is necessary for a healthy male body. B6 in particular (also known as Pyridoxine) reduces depression symptoms, common for males with low T.
- KSM-66® Ashwagandha root (600mg): Blue Star’s version of Ashwagandha root, it’s been known to increase testosterone and fertility in men. This represents the biggest ingredient in this supplement.
- Longjack extract 100:1 (300mg): The “street name” of Eurycoma longifolia jack extract, is said to be an aphrodisiac and testosterone booster, though studies are mixed.
- 3,3’-Diindolylmethane (108mg): Here comes our first potential estrogen blocker! While confusing to pronounce, this compound is found in cruciferous veggies (broccoli) and has been researched as a hormone regulator.
- TestoSURGE® (100mg): This is actually Trigonella foenum-graecum seed, or, easier, fenugreek. Which is known for its testosterone boosting effects.
These last few are part of Blue Star’s “XD Delivery Technology Complex™,” which is used to make the other ingredients more bioavailable, improve flavor, and keep everything stable (61mg total).
- Fumaric Acid: A food additive used to stabilize supplements and add a tartness to the product, fumaric acid doesn’t provide much benefit except for a flux of energy.
- BioPerine Black Pepper: Black pepper is a popular addition to many supplements to aid in the bioavailability of certain nutrients, including some of the testosterone enhancers in this supplement.
- AstraGin™ root: Made from two plant extracts, it’s what’s also referred to as “The Absorption King.” It should help elevate HGH levels, plus it has ginseng in it.
- Sodium R-Lipoate: The bioactive version of lipoic acid, this is the type the body likes. This should further assist in absorption.
- Succinic Acid: Lastly, succinic acid is a chemical used to enhance the solubility of the supplement, making for a wonderful, all-natural preserver.
Yes, we know. It’s a lot to process. However, they all combine to provide what Blue Star believes to be the ultimate stack to optimize your testosterone production and bioavailability/absorption of their product.
Blue Star Status Benefits
Now that we know what’s in the capsule, let’s see what it can (potentially) do for us:
- More muscle: With additional testosterone, you should be able to grow bigger and better with every gym session. Specifically, magnesium and zinc should help you with your workouts, and the increased testosterone should help you build more lean muscle.
- Less belly fat: Alongside strength and muscle gains, additional testosterone and other hormone balances should regulate your metabolism more efficiently. This means a decent reduction in body fat levels, particularly in the midsection.
- Higher energy levels: More testosterone = more energy. When you have low T, your hormones are all out of whack, but when you start to produce more and more of the male sex hormone your body rejuvenates and feels more alive. You’ll naturally feel the side effects of heightened testosterone levels, and that includes a bump in energy.
- Increased stamina: Not only do you get more energy, but it’s a prolonged type of energy. It isn’t a spike and crash, like stimulants. Natural energy keeps you going longer and harder, whether it’s in the weight room or the bedroom. (More on that later.)
- Better sleep: Again, with your hormones falling into a more comfortable state, your serotonin and melatonin production will also fall in line. These are your primary sleep hormones, which plays a factor in recovery from your workouts. This is when testosterone works its magic, so of course it wants to invoke a sleepy state every once in a while.
- Enhanced libido: With all that energy, though, it might be hard (pun not intended) to go to sleep. When you boost the main male hormone, you’re going to feel like a teenager again. Libido, fertility, and stamina are all elevated. If Blue Star Status works, this is flat-out awesome.
- Improved estrogen blocking: Obviously, there are specific ingredients in Blue Star Status that are known to block estrogen from either being produced at all or taking over and limiting your testosterone production. This improves all of the above benefits to the max.
In short, Blue Star Status promises to do what any increase in testosterone would do for your body. Whether this supplement actually jacks up your body’s natural production of testosterone is still yet to be seen…
Blue Star Status Dosage
Whenever you want to know exactly how to use and dose a supplement, always follow what the bottle says. In this case, it takes three of the Blue Star Status capsules to get the desired amounts of all the ingredients mentioned above.
This gives you over 1650mg of testosterone-boosting power. (If it indeed works.)
How Should You Take Blue Star Status?
Orally. Any other way would be wrong.
As far as frequency, once you finish the whole bottle (30 days’ worth), you should take a few weeks off, just so that you don’t develop a dependency and allow your body to produce testosterone naturally and on its own.
When Should You Take It?
The website says to take Blue Star Status in the morning. You can do this with or without food, but if you have stomach issues or trouble absorbing supplements, then with food is ideal.
No point in messing around with timing; you can take it in the morning and then experience the effects throughout the day.
How Long Does It Take To Work?
Results will vary from person to person, based on how low their testosterone levels are, how downregulated their natural production rates of hormones is, and what their diet and exercise routines look like.
That said, you should expect results fairly quickly, within a few weeks or so. However, reviews of the product shed some light on whether Blue Star Status works at all.
So perhaps it’s best to temper expectations when testing with this supplement.
Blue Star Status Side Effects
Of course, the official website wouldn’t put any of the side effects front and center. Even so, it’s been documented that common side effects from taking Blue Star Status regularly include:
- Jitters (from the ginseng in AstraGin™ root)
- Upset stomach
- Skin reactions
As per any well-known and well-produced supplement product, the “common” side effects aren’t very common and they are all low-risk in terms of your health. Nevertheless, consult with your doctor before taking any unprescribed supplementation.
Blue Star Status Results
The moment of truth.
There is a lot of noise out there regarding Blue Star Status. Most of it is positive noise, with solid research backing up their ingredients (for the most part) and a 7.6 overall rating on Bodybuilding.com.
Because many people have tried it and have documented its effects, we have a decent bank of testimonials to pull from (which we cover in the next section).
Nevertheless, every supplement has their doubters. Some ingredients can be called questionable, not to mention the lack of transparency on Blue Star’s part. The FDA-registered facility in which Blue Star makes their products – including Status – is unknown.
Whether it’s made in the USA is undetermined. And it doesn’t include boron, a crucial mineral that’s lacking in a traditional diet and works gangbusters on our hormonal regulatory system.
However, what users have to say – the results of actually taking the supplement – could forgive Blue Star for all of this…
What Are Users Saying About Blue Star Status?
A lot of the reviews have very positive things to say about Blue Star Status, claiming to have seen muscle gains, fat loss, and increased energy while taking the supplement.
Other have seen improvements in their sleep, libido, and overall stamina.
Some reviews claim that the product didn’t do anything for them, saying that Blue Star might be giving fillers instead of actual beneficial ingredients or it even zapped them of what little energy they had left.
However, diving deeper into the negative reviews, most of them are poorly worded or don’t have any comments on the review at all.
This gives us pause, not to mention one says that Blue Star doesn’t give you the specific amounts of each ingredient you get with each dose, even though it deliberately shows those exact details on the bottle.
Our assessment is this: Everyone is different, so Blue Star Status may or may not work for you.
With that, if you are experiencing low testosterone or are stuck in one or more facets of your life attributed to un-optimized levels of testosterone, Blue Star Status should work for you. (Unless there are extenuating circumstances, which are uncommon.)
But just because it could work doesn’t mean you should get it. The world of testosterone boosting supplements is a vast one; there are products from companies where you know it was made and includes things like boron.
Blue Star doesn’t do this. Add to that the 50-50 shot you have of experiencing any improvements, and we conclude that Blue Star Status isn’t worth your money (more on that below).
Where To Buy Blue Star Status
You can find Blue Star Status on the Blue Star products page, which is here.
You can also get it on Amazon.
As for offline places to find Blue Star Status, they should be easy to locate in your local GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. Just look for the bright blue bottles and look for the ones that say “STATUS” in big, silvery letters.
How Much Does Blue Star Status Cost?
This is the kicker and one of the reasons why some athletes steer clear of Blue Star Status.
A regular bottle on the official website clocks in at $69.99. This equates to 77 cents per pill and $2.31 per dose. On Amazon, it’s a little bit cheaper.
The caveat is you only need one bottle at a time; hopefully, your body takes the supplement and uses it to the fullest, giving your body the ability to produce its own testosterone and not having to continue to use Blue Star Status.
If you’re lucky and it works for you, then you shouldn’t have to buy more than two or three bottles within a year, keeping your costs low and your benefits high.
Overall, Blue Star Status seems to be a fairly decent, fairly potent testosterone supplement.
Our synopsis is to go for it and test it out for yourself. That’s the only true way to know whether a supplement works for you or not.
Blue Status packs a lot of well-formulated, research-backed ingredients into a single capsule, and the potential benefits are substantial.
And it has low-risk side effects and a solid amount of positive reviews.
Blue Star Status looks like a decent product, but based on the fact that it doesn’t include boron, we aren’t sure if it’s made in an FDA-approved facility, and it’s priced fairly high, we believe there are better options out there.
There are ways of curtailing some of the cons (simply getting it on Amazon knocks off $25), but there are definitely other testosterone supplements out there that include boron and are a little more transparent about where they make their products.
Even so, if you want to experiment the effects of improved testosterone production, give Blue Star Status a try!