Build a Badass Physique with the Best Nighttime Fat Burners
When you think about building an incredibly ripped physique, only two things come to mind: gaining solid muscle and burning body fat.
That latter factor has always been a tough task for multiple people.
Here’s the quick and easy list if your in a hurry:
|T6 STAR6URN-PM||Check on Amazon|
|Havasu Nighttime Fat Burner||Check on Amazon|
|Sheer Shred PM||Check on Amazon|
Melting fat off your body seems near impossible at times, especially if you have a long way to go or you’re at the very edge of leanness and need that extra boost.
Never fear, because we have the solution to your endless struggle with fat loss. Nighttime fat burners are the way to get to low levels of leanness while sleeping!
They kick in during those dark hours when you’re resting and recovering, optimizing your body’s ability to metabolize fat and get you into single digit body fat percentages.
In this article, we’ll go over the benefits of a nighttime fat burner, what you want in a supplement, how to dose, and the side effects from taking nighttime fat burners.
We’ll also go over some FAQs, like whether nighttime fat burners really work or not and if you can take both a daytime and a nighttime fat burner.
At the end, we’ll give you our top list of nighttime fat burners that you can try.
And with that, let’s get started!
Read Also: What is a Metcon Workout & 5 Conditioning Workouts for Beginners
Nighttime Fat Burner Benefits
The great thing about nighttime fat burners is that they work on multiple levels. Here are some of the incredible benefits of using a nighttime fat burner as part of your supplementation routine:
- Encourages a deep sleep cycle: Certain ingredients in most nighttime fat burners give you that extra nudge to push you into a deep sleep cycle. This ensures you get light, REM, and deep sleep wave cycles throughout your sleep. With quality sleep, not only will you lose fat effectively, but you’ll be well-rested so that you can tackle your next workout. (Plus, inadequate sleep leads to a slower metabolism, which results in weight gain.)
- Nighttime appetite is suppressed: This is a big advantage because it’ll keep you from binge-eating at night. The fewer times you eat, the fewer times your insulin spikes, which keeps you in the fat-burning zone longer. Keeping hunger levels low is a great way to maintain a caloric deficit, which has also been shown to help people lose weight.
- Cortisol is blocked: When cortisol is out of the picture, you can get to sleep much quicker and easier. A lack of stress allows your body to do what it’s supposed to do, which is to sleep soundly and burn energy cleanly. Also, cortisol is known to play a big part in storing fat.
- Metabolism is increased at night: The other ingredients in these fat burners (that aren’t focused on giving you a good night’s sleep) are focused on increasing your night metabolism. When your metabolism is working gangbusters during the entire evening, you’re getting an amazing boost in your fat burning.
- Accelerated growth hormone secretion: Another major benefit of nighttime fat burners, growth hormone helps with both muscle recovery and growth as well as burning fat. Human growth hormone not only improves your muscle mass but the more muscle you have on your body the higher your resting metabolism goes. When your resting metabolism increases, that means you burn calories faster, which allows you to start burning fat quicker.
- Enhanced lipolysis: Scientifically speaking, lipolysis is where “free fatty acids are released into the bloodstream,” which helps with the breakdown of stored triglycerides (a.k.a. stored fat). Nighttime fat burners boost lipolysis through some of the benefits listed above. With enhanced lipolysis, you get an effective fat loss supplement that’s worth your time and money.
These are the main advantages of adding a nighttime fat burner to your regimen.
However, this doesn’t happen just on its own; only with proper diet and nutrition, not to mention a solid training routine, these fat burners won’t do squat.
Think of diet and nutrition as 65% of the battle, training as 25%, and these supplements as that final 10% to lift yourself to victory.
What Ingredients Should Be in a Nighttime Fat Burner?
You should be on the lookout for particular ingredients when deciding which nighttime fat burner to try. Make sure you get quality supplements with natural versions of these compounds:
Ingredients For Sleep:
- Melatonin – hormone created by the pineal gland that regulates how sleepy you are. With additional melatonin, your body will feel tired at the correct times, in-line with your circadian rhythms.
- GABA – short for gamma-Aminobutyric acid, its main role in the body is to reduce neuronal excitability throughout the nervous system. In other words, it slows your body down for rest. GABA also is responsible for the regulation of muscle tone.
- L-theanine – normally used to treat anxiety and high blood pressure, L-theanine is a natural relaxant. Found in green tea, it’s one of the amino acids your muscles need for repairs.
- 5-hydroxytryptophan – another amino acid, this helps as an intermediate in the biosynthesis of the neurotransmitter serotonin. Serotonin works alongside melatonin in helping you reach a deep, comfortable sleep and relax you (i.e., you limit cortisol at night).
- L-tryptophan – an essential amino acid, L-tryptophan also increases serotonin in the body. Serotonin is the precursor to melatonin, which is the prime regulator of sleep.
Ingredients For Fat Burning:
- White kidney bean extract – considered to be a “starch blocker,” this inhibits amylase, an enzyme that breaks down starch into absorbable sugar. By keeping the starches outside of your bloodstream, the sugar won’t be stored as triglycerides (fat).
- Raspberry ketones – there has been some research to suggest raspberry ketones – along with vitamin C – can help with weight loss in healthy people. It also apparently helps with baldness. (More research is needed to convincingly show that it aids in fat loss.)
- L-carnitine – a main component to human metabolism, L-carnitine moves more fatty acids into the cells to burn as energy. However, studies are widely varied. Nevertheless, it doesn’t hurt to include a vital amino acid into a supplement for fat loss.
- Green coffee bean extract – well-known for its weight-loss management properties, green coffee beans are high in chlorogenic acid, which is responsible for a slew of health benefits.
These are just a handful of the ingredients you want in your nighttime fat burner. Be sure to read the labels and do your research to see whether the ingredients are natural or organic.
Also, check out the amount you get per dose. Speaking of which…
PM Fat Burner Dosage
The question of how much you should take varies between nighttime fat burner supplements.
Each one contains a different amount of ingredients, but you should always follow the label’s directions in terms of dosage.
With each dose, you get a couple hundred milligrams of these ingredients, so you should aim for a supplement that gives you 200-300 at least of both the sleep formula and the fat burn formula.
When Should You Take It?
Seeing as some ingredients in these nighttime fat burners work faster than others, it’s tough to take these nighttime fat burners too early.
When your fat burner includes melatonin, for example, then you best be 30 minutes away from going to bed.
However, if it has GABA, then you have a longer window before having to go to sleep, around 2 hours.
Essentially, you want to take your nighttime fat burner around 30 minutes to 2 hours before going to bed.
If you can go to sleep no problem, then you can simply take it right before bed; the supplement will then help you stay asleep and focus on the fat-burning elements.
When in doubt, follow the label on the bottle. You should know how your sleep is currently; supplement accordingly.
How Long Does It Take To Work?
As we said in the previous section, it depends on the ingredients in your nighttime fat burner.
If you have melatonin in your supplement, it should take less than half an hour for you to start feeling sleepy. If it’s GABA instead, it’ll take a little longer.
For the fat burning effect, it should work throughout your sleep.
Your metabolism should start ramping up within your first sleep cycle, then will continue to elevate HGH and fat burning well into the night, hopefully until you wake up.
Nighttime Fat Burner Side Effects
Of course, everything that’s too good to be true normally has its bad side. Thankfully, the noted side effects of nighttime fat burners are fairly lowkey and shouldn’t be much cause for concern.
Whenever you take a supplement full of amino acids and hormones, it could potentially mess with your body’s natural ability to create and promote those hormones.
For example, if your supplement has melatonin as the main sleep aid, then your body might down-regulate its own production of melatonin.
Therefore, if you ever go off your nighttime fat burner, you may find it difficult to fall asleep naturally.
Also, there is the concern that the two types of ingredients in such a supplement – those that help you sleep and those that help you burn fat – could work against each other.
Let’s say you choose a nighttime fat burner that has both raspberry ketones and GABA.
Raspberry ketones are literally a kind of fat-fueled energy, used to mobilize fat for energy expenditure. This would directly combat the serotonin release from ingesting GABA.
However, most supplement companies have taken this into consideration, meaning they’ve developed an ideal blend so you can fall asleep, stay asleep, and burn fat all through the night.
Do Nighttime Fat Burners Work?
The million dollar question. While there may be some quality ingredients in nighttime fat burners that enhance your fat burning, the true help is in getting solid sleep, period.
Your main focus should be to get a great night’s sleep. When you get terrible sleep, your leptin is lowered, which determines satiety and fat storage.
So, when you take a supplement that aids in going to sleep, your leptin levels should be elevated.
On top of that, a lack of sleep leads to your body’s inability to process sugar, which can result in high blood sugar. This is a really bad scenario to be in, so it’s worth getting decent sleep each and every night.
While there might be speculation on the validity of the fat burning elements of these supplements, the biggest factor is to get you quality sleep.
Time and again, there have been studies on melatonin, serotonin, GABA, and how these ingredients can assist in getting into a restful, relaxed state, as well as keeping you there for 7-9 hours.
As for overall expectations, don’t look for crazy rapid fat loss. It will be gradual. However, your sleep should improve immediately when taking these supplements.
Can I Take a Nighttime Fat Burner If I Take a Daytime Fat Burner?
The short answer is yes. The longer answer is it could be really beneficial to pair the two.
With a daytime fat burner, you no doubt have some stimulant ingredients coming with it.
If you take a nighttime fat burner too, it can eliminate the effect these stimulants have later in the day.
You could be a fat burning machine with a near-perfect circadian rhythm if you take both daytime and nighttime fat burners. (Just be cautious about the number of hormones you take endogenously.)
Will I Be Able to Sleep If I Take a PM Fat Burner?
Weirdly enough, some nighttime fat burners include caffeine or some other type of stimulant.
While this seems pretty counterproductive, these stimulants can help with speeding up fat mobilization and overall metabolism.
What you need to figure out is whether you have a tolerance for stimulants or not. If you’re a freak for coffee (hello, right here), then maybe some late-night caffeine won’t mess with your sleep too much.
On the other side of the spectrum, if you find yourself struggling to fall asleep every night, then it’s best to stay away from nighttime fat burners with any sort of stimulant.
Instead, go for the PM supplements with ingredients that promote excess melatonin or serotonin production.
Top Nighttime Fat Burner Reviews
To kick off our list of the best nighttime fat burners, we have a rockstar supplement from Team Six Supplements.
The STAR6URN-PM nighttime fat burner is nothing short of incredible.
It has a ton of stimulant-free ingredients that should tackle both sleep aid and weight loss: this includes 30mg of magnesium, 300mg of Ashwagandha extract (a potent ayurvedic supplement), multiple fat burning roots/beans, and 5mg of melatonin (just enough to ease you into a wonderful snooze).
The coolest thing about the T6 STAR6URN-PM is that it has zero stimulants.
(They also have an AM version of this supplement for the daytime, which also has zero stimulants; stack these for the biggest fat burning bang for your buck!) Just two veggie capsules are all it takes to get these tremendous benefits.
For a non-stimulant approach to fat burning supplements with an easy stacking companion, we’d definitely recommend the T6 STAR6URN-PM.
Get T6 Star6urn-PM on Amazon.com
Next is a nighttime fat burner from Havasu Nutrition. It’s their “Night Time Fat Burner: Rest and Reset Your Body.”
This supplement has a terrific blend of ingredients geared towards burning fat and giving you a restful sleep.
These ingredients are actually a bunch of the ones we talked about earlier: white kidney bean extract, green coffee bean extract, L-theanine, L-tryptophan, and melatonin.
It comes in a blend, where a single capsule dose gives you 500mg of these things.
Plus, it has 30mcg of vitamin D, which is never a bad thing; vitamin D is huge as far as your overall health.
Like the first supplement, Havasu Nutrition’s nighttime fat burner doesn’t have any stimulants.
So you can rest assured (pun definitely intended) you will get all of the benefits without any side effects like the jitters.
A solid concoction of researched ingredients, the Havasu Nutrition Night Time Fat Burner is a great option for trying out if you’re a newbie.
Get Havasu fat burner on Amazon.com
Sheer Shred PM
Sheer Strength Labs comes up on our list with their mainstay product, Sheer Shred PM.
Toted as both an effective fat burner and kickass sleep aid, this nighttime fat burner supplement has a ton of advantageous ingredients: white kidney bean extract, GABA, and melatonin are ones we talked about earlier, but it also has dandelion root extract (helps with stomach issues and constipation), ginkgo biloba leaf extract (reduces inflammation and anxiety with powerful antioxidants), and hops extract.
Yes, that’s the hops used in beer, also used to treat insomnia and other sleep disorders.
Some awesome factors with Sheer Shred PM are it has a money-back guarantee, 100% pure, quality ingredients, and you can cycle on and off the supplement, which keeps you from building a dependency.
A strong competitor in the nighttime fat burner industry, Sheer Strength Lab’s Sheer Shred PM is a supplement you should consider to add to your routine.
Best Nighttime Fat Burner For Women
Rev Burn PM For Her
This nighttime fat burner is actually geared towards women in particular.
Rev Burn PM For Her comes from the people at Rev Labs and is a solid sleep aid and weight loss supplement for the ladies.
Along with vitamin D3 and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid, another fatty acid that promotes fat loss and maintains lean muscle), this nighttime fat burner has a lot of the usual suspects.
Rev Burn PM For Her includes L-tryptophan, melatonin, and newcomer chamomile flower powder, which combined makes their neurotransmitter support blend.
Their metabolism support blend is made up of white kidney bean extract, raspberry ketones, green coffee bean, saffron flower, and lemon balm.
Each capsule gives you an impressive 25mg of the sleep support blend, while also blasting your metabolism with a whopping 620mg of the metabolism support. This will both improve deep/REM sleep and burn fat well into the night.
Even though it’s meant for the females, I wouldn’t knock the guy who’d wanna try this nighttime fat burner. Rev Burn PM For Her has a lot going for it and should be on your shelf as part of your daily regimen.
Best Nighttime Fat Burner For Men
Modern Man PM Fat Burner
Last on our list of optimal nighttime fat burners comes from Modern Man Products.
The Modern Man PM Fat Burner is everything you’re looking for in a fat loss supplement and a sleep aid.
Another stimulant-free supplement, Modern Man PM Fat Burner also claims to support testosterone, which makes this more of a male-centric fat burner.
It contains glycine, a crucial amino acid for anti-aging and muscle recovery, plus coleus forskohlii, which potentially helps with obesity and definitely helps with asthma and other cardio-respiratory functions. (In a nutshell, it should at least give you a better night’s sleep.)
Additionally, this nighttime fat burner includes GABA, L-theanine, and melatonin for a knockout punch that’ll put you to sleep and keep you there.
The thing that sets this supplement apart from the others is its focus on testosterone. It harps on the importance of reducing cortisol, which in turn spikes cortisol and improves libido.
These are all vital to the well-being of any man and it helps your body naturally keep the fat off.
For a nighttime fat burner that has the alpha male in mind, it’s time to give the Modern Man PM Fat Burner a try.
Get Modern Man PM on Amazon.com
Nighttime fat burners just might be the key to getting to record-low levels of body fat. Or, they can be a simple nudge in the right direction to getting to a healthy level of leanness.
Either way, they seem to not do any harm, and at least promote improved sleep, a giant piece to the recovery puzzle.
If you want solid sleep, a boost in nighttime metabolism, and less stress (and nightly snacking), these fat burning supplements are the ticket.
Remember to look for quality ingredients, decent amounts for each per dose, and avoid stimulants if you have trouble sleeping.
For a truly potent kick in the fat burning pants, couple nighttime fat burners with daytime fat burners; it will help you lose fat fast and keep your wake-sleep cycle normalized.
Take a close look at all of the products we’ve mentioned in this article, pick the best one for your goals, and test them out. We’re sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the results.
We hope you have a great night’s sleep full of burning fat!